Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday and PINTEREST

So, for those of you that don't know, I have a confession to make, I'm addicted to Pinterest.  For those of you that don't know, it is like a virtual bulletin board.  Instead of bookmarking the sites you like and then wondering why you bookmarked them, you can create boards with different subjects that interest you and "pin" images from the internet to the boards and then if you go back and click on it, it will take you back to the site. 
 For instance, if you find a recipe you like, you "pin" the image to your food board and then when you need to find it again, you simply glance at the pictures on your board, click on it, and it will take you back to the site with the recipe.  
Super cool huh!  It has crafts and decorating and recipes and clothes and photo tips and pretty much everything you would ever want!  Plus, you can follow your friends pins and repin them to your board if you want.  So, speaking of football (above) and Pinterest, I found this recipe for oatmeal cream cookies that were decorated like footballs for superbowl party snacks.  I thought they looked super cute, but my boys demanded homemade oreo's as their football snack.  So, I made my oreos football shaped.  They were more just oblong, but they tasted oh so yummy!  Not the best picture, but you can see it below.


We didn’t really have a team in the running this year.  The Steelers lost so we were then rooting for the Broncos to make it, but they didn’t get there either.  
Sean cheered for the Patriots because it is against his nature to cheer for any New York Teams.  The rest of us cheered for the  Giants becase we don’t like Tom Brady. In the end, it didn’t realy matter who won though.
Our favorite commercial this year was the m&m comercial.
Our game food was
tacos de carnitas
Brazilian Limeade
nachos
crackers and dip
chips and salsa
and
I made these fun football cookies that really didn’t turn out to be fotball shaped, but they tasted oh so yummy!  
We didn’t have anyone over so we just watched it on the big scren ourselves and enjoyed spending time together as a family.
Hopefully next year one of our teams will make it to the Super Bowl so we can have something to cheer for other than good snacks.

SUPERBOWL  XLVI

February 5, 2012
Played in Indianapolis, Indiana


1 comment:

Troy and Lisa said...

Thanks for passing on the pinterest addiction. I don't spend too much time on there, but even when I just want to check it quick, I end up pinning a few things. I have made 1 craft and 2 recipes so far, so it's been helpful!