Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 4 continued............Liberty Jail - Harley Davidson

We left Independence and all headed towards Liberty Jail.  It was kind of comical because everyone's GPS sent them in different directions.  Our car got their first and everyone else took FOREVER.   We finally all got together and started our tour.  Looking back (since I'm writing this after the fact)  I think this was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  The church has done a great job with the replica and the whole feel of the presentation there.  I was reminded of all that the early leaders of the church went through to restore the gospel as we now know it.  So much persecution and sacrifice so that we are able to have the gospel here on the earth today.

pictures to follow



After Liberty Jail, we decided we wanted to try to see the Harley Davidson factory on our way back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.  We got there, and it was closed.  Just our luck.  We did walk around and look at all the bikes outside.  They are all owned by employees and they have this cool little motorcycle parking lot and they looked cool all lined up there.

pictures to follow


Everyone headed back to the hotel, but our car (Kirk, Heidi, Sean and I) stopped by the Harley Davidson dealership and looked around.  Sean wanted a Harley hat and we got t-shirts for me and the boys.


pictures to follow


We headed back to the hotel, relaxed for a bit, and then headed to Jack Stacks BBQ because apparently it is some kind of a sin to go to Kansas City, Missouri and not eat BBQ.  It was good.  I'm not a super big fan of BBQ, but it was good and now I can say I've had Missouri BBQ.  On our way back, we realized we were only about a mile from Kansas City, Kansas, so, we decided we wanted to say we had been to Kansas so our car went there, got some gas in the car, and then went to Baskin Robbins for an ice cream cone.

pictures to follow

Back at the hotel, Sean and I sat outside because we wanted to see fireflies.  We saw them, they are pretty cool.

pictures to follow

No comments: