Sunday, November 11, 2012

I love my calling.........

I almost cried in nursery today. The lesson was My Family Can Be Together Forever. We talked about temples and families, and what we can do to be able to go tot he temple when we are older. We played a couple little games and then I said "I'm going to play a song, you probably won't know it, but if you do, you can sing along." I turned on the CD player to I Love To See The Temple and as I turned around I heard these two little angel voices singing every word correctly during the intro of the song, before the singers even started. Mila and Kyla, were just singing right along in their beautiful little angel voices and it brought tears to my eyes. More of them joined in after the singers started, but by then, I was too choked up to sing. The mom's in our ward are doing a great job with their little ones.


It reminded me of when Tyrel was 4. He always picked that song to sing when it was his turn to pick a song for family night. One Sunday, I get a call from his Primary teacher saying, "Tyrel volunteered to do the musical number during sharing time next week." He sounded a little leery as normally just the little girls volunteered for this portion of the assignment. I asked what song he said he would sing and he told me "I Love To See The Temple." I told the teacher that he should do fine, and he did. He sang it perfectly in his little 4 year old voice the next Sunday during Primary.

No comments: