Thursday, October 11, 2007

Reflections

I had the following article published on a scrapbooking website a couple of months ago. I'm thinking it has been there a while and they will probably be taking it down soon, so I thought I would put it on here so I would remember it.


I have been REFLECTING on why I scrapbook…… I do it because I love it! It is my hobby and my escape. I also scrapbook because my family loves it. My boys love to sit and look through their books (even as teenagers) Wow, am I old enough to have teenagers? This got me thinking and REFLECTING on why I scrapbook for them.
My husband is my life. He loves me and supports me unconditionally and there is no way to thank him enough for what he does for me and for our children. I made him an ABC album for Father's Day a few years ago about the reasons I love him. It was the one and only Father's Day gift I have ever given him that he cried over when he opened and started going through it. It was a total surprise to him because I worked on it while they were all gone on a Father and Son's outing for church and I was home alone for the weekend. He is the greatest husband and father ever!
Travis…my 14 year old…when I REFLECT on Travis I think about how patient he is. He can be trying to watch a movie or playing a video game and have all of the little nieces and nephews crawling on him, shooting him with sponge darts, stealing his hat, and he never gets impatient or mad at them. He just takes it all and loves them and that is why I think patience is his best quality and one of the many things that makes me love him and makes me want to scrapbook for him to show him in one more way that I love him.
Tyrel…my newest teenager…REFLECTING on Tyrel's traits always makes me think about what a loving person he is. He can have ornery looks and he tries to show attitude, but deep down inside he is a pushover. He is always the one that gives hugs and kisses to everyone after family prayer each evening before he goes to bed, and they are not just like I get from the other boys because they are part of the routine, I can tell through his hugs that he really loves and appreciates everything that we, his parents, do for him, including scrapbooking his sporting events.
Trevin…my baby…who is not really a baby anymore, he just turned 8, but when I REFLECT on what I love so much about him it is because he is my baby, and I find that I love (and am also sad about) scrapbooking the last baby blessing, the last kindergarten graduation, the last baptism, the last pack night award ceremony, and there will be many more lasts as he brings up the caboose of our family, but he also gets the benefit of me knowing what I am doing when I scrapbook now. Or at least I think I do. I'm sure in 5 more years I will look back and think, “I could have done better on that page.
Well, this is pretty lengthy, but I did want to REFLECT on why I love everyone and because of that, I keep scrapbooking.

No comments: