I guess I'll tell you the bad part first. Monday night we went to get ice cream for our Family Night treats. We got home and parked my car in the garage as usual. Tuesday afternoon I went out to my car to go visiting teaching and I noticed the glove compartment and the console were open. Missing were my checkbook, credit card, drivers license, and a cashiers check that I was going to deposit that day. So I spent the afternoon cancelling credit cards, cautioning our checking account, putting a stop payment on the cashiers check and filling out a witness report for the Sheriff. My credit card had already been used 4 times by this point. Needless to say, I was having a bad day.
Well, I went to Young Women's, ran kids around for soccer practices, had to tell everyone to make their own dinner because I had a bad day and didn't get anything out. Watched the recorded episode of American Idol with my hubby and went to bed. At 11:28 p.m. our phone rings. Now I don't know about you, but usually a call at that time of night means something bad has happened. So, with my adrenaline pumping I answer the phone. It was the Spanish Fork Police Department. It seems that they had someone in custody that had my credit card on them. He apologized for calling so late, but wanted to find out what else was missing because the full report had not been entered yet. He said he would see if he could recover the rest of my missing stuff. I got a call today that they got my checkbook, minus the register, my driver's license and my credit card back. So I guess that is good news right?! I guess it should be fun trying to balance my checkbook without a register, yuck!
7 years ago




6 comments:
That is a bad day. How did they get into your garage? That is kind of scary, good thing they found what they wanted just in your car. It is always good to see those kind of people caught!
It amazes me what some people will do. COngrats on getting most of it back!
I'd wait for the bank statement and just start from there. Good luck with that. Hee! I stopped keeping anything in my car, I mean anything except the car seats because we got one of our cars stolen 2 years ago. We got it back that night, but they had taken a joy ride of 80 miles and took the car seat, Dan's tools that were in the back, his MP3 player and some other stuff. I just don't understand people. Did you ever figure out how they got into your gargage??
What an experience! i am so sorry about that scary situation. So glad they caught the person responsible. Hope you and your family are doing well. Love you.
That is scary, makes you think a little. We keep the side door unlocked on our garage, I guess I better make sure to lock it up at night. Good Luck.
Okay, I've gotta ask since I live near you...did you guys leave the garage door open or what? We've been better lately, but we always used to forget.
Post a Comment