We were so excited to get to go to the new Payson Swimming Pool for Grandpa LaMarr's birthday party. All of the family including the cousins came to play. Trevin loved the Lazy River and Travis and Tyrel loved the slides. I loved all of it and especially that the bottom of the pool is kind of padded and squishy. Sean didn't come because his arm is still recovering but after all of the water fun, everyone came up to our house for a dutch oven cookoff. There was tons of good food and we had a lot of fun. Sean made Hawaiian Chicken and it was so yummy!!! We also had ribs, cheesy potatoes, melons, green salad, corn on the cob (yum), baked beans, and peach cobler and ice cream for dessert. It was fun to get to see everyone and be able to just visit out on the deck all evening.
Here is the recipe for the chicken for those of you who requested it
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN
Boneless/Skinless chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and paprika sprinkled on them
Mr. Yoshida's Teriyaki sauce
Chunked pineapple (drained)
Sear the chicken on the grill and put a layer in the bottom of dutch oven. Top layer with 1/2 can of pineapple. Drizzle with 1/4 of the bottle of teriyaki sauce. Keep repeating layers. We got four layers in the dutch oven. Put lid on dutch oven. Put coals on top and bottom of dutch oven. Let cook with coals for at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
In other news, Sean started his new job today with Plaza Home Mortgage and that's about all the news we have since the last entry.





4 comments:
What a fun birthday celebration! I know Uncle Lamar had a great time. Glad everyone was able to get together. Thanks for sharing that receipe. It sounds yummy and I will give it a try. Hope you are well. Congrats. to Sean on his new job and hope his arm gets better.
I am so bummed I missed it!
It sounds like everyone had a great time, I wish we were there. I love how your blog looks, as always you are amazing with pictures.
Oh, now I'm hungry. That food sounds so good. Happy birthday to Uncle LaMarr.
Post a Comment