Thursday, June 23, 2011

Released

K, so I haven't been too great at blogging this month.  It has been busy!  Heidi and I were cramming to get as many prints ready for the printer/framer for their big tradeshows this Summer, but the crates were shipped yesterday, so we are done with that....whew!!!  That was a lot of work but we ended up with some great stuff and hope it all sells well.  We have already had orders placed from companies that don't normally order anything in the Summer, so hope that's a good sign.

We've been busy with Scouts.  Trevin and Tyrel have been so good to help me out this Summer.  We had a bike rodeo where the boys set up their own course and rode a mile to get their requirements completed.




















Two weeks ago, I played flag football with my Scouts.  We were working on the belt loop and had an uneven number, so Tyrel told me I needed to play.  What!!!  I was just there to take pictures, but I played, and had fun, and scored a touchdown after several attempts.  Yay for me!
























We went fishing at the fish farm.  All of them caught fish for their first time and loved holding the beating hearts in their hands long after it had been removed from their fish.  Trevin had a blast and told me how much he missed fishing.  We had better get the pontoon boat out fishing before Grandpa leaves on his mission.


We also did the PLAY A GAME requirements in my backyard.  The boys had fun setting up multiple obstacle courses, playing with the hippity hops, ring toss, cones, washer toss, bean bag toss and balance beam.  We also played a few rounds of Bocce.

Then Sunday, as I had hoped I finally would get a co-leader called, they released me????  I was totally not expecting that.  I had just finished my first rotation of my year long schedule and was ready for an easy year that was already planned and could be ready and prepared for.  Not so lucky.  I asked Brother Smith if I was that difficult to work with that no one wanted to work with me, but he assured me it was because  they found a husband wife team to take my calling and they needed my organizational skills in another area that is falling apart.  I guess that's a good thing????  I won't post what my new calling is because it won't be official until Sunday and I know people in my ward read this blog, but I can tell you it was a total shock when he told me what they were calling me to.  It's a calling I haven't had for about 15 years, so wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kelly Stanworth said...

Really cute Scouting layouts. Can I just copy them and put them in Ryan's scrapbook that I'm in super behind on? I'm sad they released you because you were so good. Ryan loved having you for a leader and it was so nice that you kept such good track of what they had passed off. I can't wait to find out your new calling...I'm sure you'll get our ward organized in no time. I think they are just working you through each organization of the church in order to get each one in best working order one at a time.