Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bokeh - Do You Have Room?

So, the resident photographer at one of the scrapbooking forums I frequent did a little tutorial on how to get the Bokeh effect with Christmas lights.  In fact, she said Christmas lights beg for this effect.  So one evening this last week, when everyone was off doing other things, I set up the Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus from my nativity and gave it a try.  I have to admit, it took me several shots to get it exactly right, but Ashley will be proud of me, I shot this in my house, with the manual setting on my camera, and I love how it looks.  I love my nativity and I think it looks so cool with the tree in the background.

Then there was another challenge at our forum to scraplift a layout and I thought it would work great for this photo.  I also finally found the Shawna Edwards YouTube video of her song "Do You Have Room For The Savior" and added the lyrics to the song to my layout.  Here is a link to the video too.

No comments: