Thursday, June 26, 2008

The big 4-0!

I really dislike saying that! It is my birthday today and the facts are what they are. I can't really say I am excited about it though. I'd just rather not celebrate getting older, but as Sean says, "It's better than the alternative." I'm copying my SIL and making a list of 40 things you may or may not know about me, so here goes.

1 - I absolutely love being married to my best friend, Sean

2 - I have 3 boys that I adore

3 - I was born in Germany but don't remember being there. I would love to go back someday
4 - I am a reality show junkie (my fav's are Survivor, The Amazing Race, and American Idol) I love to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" but I detest "Dancing With the Stars"

5 - I like to play board games and cards

6 - I have a degree in business management

7 - I went to SUSC (now SUU) in Cedar City, Utah for college

8 - My high school mascot was a rabbit (don't laugh). I was on the track team and the drill team in high school

9 - I graduated with honors from both High school and College

10 - If I were to go back to college, I would either get a degree in accounting or go in to something medical (I almost changed my major to Physiology at one time)

11 - I love Travis' sense of humor and love watching him play football

12 - I love watching movies and taking walks with Tyrel, I also love watching him play soccer

13 - I love Trevin's giggle and love that he likes to sing when he thinks no one is listening

14 - I love to dance with my hubby

15 - I have been happily married to my sweetheart for almost 17 years

16 - I love mexican food

17 - I am a cheese-a-holic

18 - I love to go out to dinner to Ruby River and Tepanyaki's

19 - I love to curl up with a good book

20 - I love driving my 4-wheeler but don't like riding behind Sean. I especially like to ride in the fall when leaves are changing and in the spring when it is really muddy

21 - I love the waverunners but hate to ride in the boat (can you tell I'm a control freak)

22 - I don't think teenagers are all that bad (so far anyway)

23 - I love to watch professional football (and BYU football) but don't get in to watching any other sports except I do like to watch the Olympics.

24 - I love to eat popcorn with lots of butter

25 - I like to cook but I don't like to follow recipes unless I am baking (which means we get in ruts of eating the same thing all the time)

26 - I like to camp

27 - I don't mind spiders and snakes, but I really hate mice because they move too fast

28 - I love the smell of newly mowed grass and rain, I hate the smell of gas (fuel) I guess I don't like the smell of the other kind of gas either LOL

29 - I am not a morning person or a night owl, in other words I need my 8-10 hours of sleep

30 - I don't like pine nuts, black licorice, or pistacios but the rest of my family love all 3

31 - I'd rather get a house plant than flowers

32 - I like to golf even though I'm not very good at it, but think it is very boring to watch

33 - I love sitting out on the deck in the evenings in the summertime

34 - I'm not a very good swimmer

35 - My favorite day is Friday because Sean always takes me out on a date, my kids love it because they always get pizza

36 - I wouldn't make a very good sales person because I CAN take NO for an answer and I don't like to be on the phone so don't feel bad if I don't ever call you to catch up on things. If you call me, though, I will talk to you

37 - I was very shy in high school

38 - I like to have a plan (menu, shopping list, calendar, agenda etc) I am not really good at being spontaneous although I am better than I used to be

39 - I'm scared that Travis is almost old enough to get his driver's license and date

40 - I have been working in the banking/lending industry since 1990 and love that I can work from home and be a mom at the same time

3 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

Happy Birthday! This was fun to read. It also made me think of some things I should add to mine if I get a chance!

THE EBERSOHLS said...

Happy belated Birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day. I enjoyed reading your post. Hope you are doing well.

Lisa Miller said...

Happy belated birthday Lori. I love the post. I enjoy learning about people. One of my favorite things about your blog is the scrapbook pages you make. They're adorable. Thanks for posting them.