I can't believe my baby is 15 today! It just seems like yesterday they were handing you to me in the hospital. Your dad and I just want you to know how much we love you! Here are 15 things about Travis from dad and mom:
1 - I remember when they handed you to me in the hospital and I thought what a cute little nose you had and your skin was so pretty (I know cute and pretty aren't words you are supposed to say to a boy, but you were)
2 - We love your sense of humor and think you are funny although dad says that you are not as funny as the original (him of course)
3 - We love that you are very patient with all the little cousins
4 - It is great that you are a good example to your brothers, your friends, and your cousins
5 - We think you are a good swimmer
6 - We loved watching you play football and basketball this last year, it is fun to see how coordinated you have become
7 - We are proud of how well you do in school
8 - We think you have nice hair, although it needs cut
9 - We are proud of how far you have advanced in scouts (only needs to do his eagle project now)
10 - You are kind, obedient and respectful
11 - You get along well with others
12 - You are lots of fun to play board games with
13 - You have a good memory - unlike your father
14 - We love watching you learn new things and seeing the decisions you make, like when you were first learning to ride 4-wheelers, Mom hated to ride behind you because it made her nervous but Dad loved riding behind you and watching the decisions you made. He was proud of how well you did and that you were conscious of what was right and wrong and seemed to make the right choices and really thought about what you were doing.
15 - You are an all-around good kid and we love you!
15 things Travis says about himself
1 - I am scared of spiders
2 - I think I am the funniest guy I know (and he is humble about it too!)
3 - I am a very good swimmer (unlike my mom)
4 - I am tall
5 - I hate crunchy food like lettuce, celery, watermelon, and onions
6 - I am a cheese-a holic (like my mom)
7 - I love to play WOW (World of Warcraft) with my dad, I think I am the best player on my server (humility again)
8 - My friends think I am fun to be around
9 - I am really good at Guitar Hero
10 - I am excited to get my learner's permit
11 - I am girl crazy
12 - I like to watch movies
13 - I love ice cream and BTS cake
14 - I hate listening to Rush Limbaugh
15 - I love Italian Food (spaghetti, lasagne, pizza)
Update on Sean- went to the Orthopedic specialist today. They still don't know if he will need surgery or not but are thinking not. He has to go back next week again to see. Tyrel is spending the week in Leamington with Grandma and Grandpa Evers and his cousins Tyler and Kaitlyn. Lori was surprised on Friday evening with dinner at the Sauce Place with the Nielsen's. Thanks to all of those that helped with the planning. They gave me a plant (love it) and letters from each family which she cried when she read (thanks everyone). On Saturday we had a combined party for me and Travis with my parents. We went and saw Kung Fu Panda and then went out to eat. Mom is making me curtains for downstairs as soon as I figure out what fabric I want. Thanks to everyone for making it a great birthday!




3 comments:
Fun post! Happy Birthday Travis!
Happy Birthday Travis! Have a fun day! I enjoyed reading about you. What special memories. Hope Sean is doing well.
Travis - happy birthday. Love the post. It's sweet that he did his own 15 things.
Post a Comment