Sunday, June 22, 2008

Only a week late......

I know, I'm late, but I just barely got the Father's Day photo layout done. This is my first ever digital layout. My sister always does her layouts this way, and I think it makes her blog so cute, but it took me forrrrrreverrrrrr! I'm sure I'll get faster. Maybe I can find a class to take that will help. Anyway I thought it turned out pretty good. I want my hubby to know how much I love him and let him know what a great father he is to our boys. I didn't get his project done, so all of the trees we bought for the yard ended up being his Father's Day gift, but I'll be sure to get it done for his birthday. The top 3 things that I think make him a good dad are:

#1 Honors his priesthood and has a strong testimony (OK that is really 2)

#2 Loves spending time with his boys doing what they like to do

#3 Has taught his boys to love and respect their mother (ok this one is kind of selfish, but I love it)

I also wanted to tell my dad how much I love him. I couldn't have asked for a better dad. I hope he knows how much I respect and look up to him. Top 3 things I love about my dad:

#1 Humility (I need a lot of practice here, I can only hope to be like him someday)

#2 Taught me independence (he helped me be able to do lots of things on my own, like when he had me learn to change the oil and tires on my car and how to complete my tax returns before I went away to college, I know those may be trivial, but he has taught me many things that have made me a better person)

#3 Patience (he always was very patient, no matter what problems I was having, he always took the time to talk things through with me and help me see others perspectives on different things, I also have a long way to go here as my kids will attest to)

Love you DAD!

I also want to tell my Father In Law how great I think he is. Top 2 things I love about him

#1 Sense of Humor (always is happy and fun to be around and can make any event or situation a ton of fun)

#2 Raised a wonderful son (again I am being selfish here, but I do love all of the values and things that he instilled and taught Sean so that he can be a wonderful husband to me and father to our boys)

Love you too!

4 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

This is a great post. I agree about Uncle LaMarr. I just love his upbeat attitude.
I like your digital page as well. It's so creative.

wermakingmemories said...

Great job on the picture Lori! You'll catch on quick because you already do great scrapbooking.

THE EBERSOHLS said...

I love your digital page!! What a wonderful and creative idea. I agree with you about Uncle Lamar. He is so funny and a wonderful example. He sure has raised an amazing family, with the help of Aunt Diane.

Todd and Haylee said...

Cute picture and post! I have thought about doing some digital scrapbooking because I heard it was a lot easier/faster (and I am way behind.) But maybe not---maybe it is after you get the hang of it. Yours looks really cute though!