For Easter this year, the boys were sure they were going to get the new Guitar Hero World Tour set. Unfortunately, Sean and I waited too long to shop and coudn't find one in the stores anywhere. So, being creative like we are (LOL) we got them each a gift card to Wal Mart so they could get it when they had some more in. So, back to Easter morning. The boys searched the house for eggs. The Easter bunny usually hides them all in just one room but since they are older now, I decided to tell the Easter bunny to hide them outside, but since it rained, the Easter bunny setttled for hiding them all over upstairs in all the rooms. This really threw them off because they weren't used to searching so hard. Back to the gift, they knew it came in a big box and couldn't find a big box anywhere. We told them that it was in the living room so they were searching behind and under couches and anywhere that they could think of with no luck. (We had put the gift cards under the grass in their baskets). We played the hot and cold game and they couldn't figure it out still, so they asked for clues, so I found a scripture that had to do with a basket and gave them the reference to all look up. They had a scripture chase, read the scripture and STILL couldn't figure it out. Finally one of them dumped out their eggs and grass and found the card. It was hilarious. I decided that next year I'm going to do a treasure hunt with scriptures for their gifts again. It made Easter Sunday at least a little more spiritual since that is what it should be anyway.
7 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment