Guess what I did yesterday? Travis and Tyrel didn't go to school because it was Lagoon day (I know, they are crazy) but at 11:30 they came up with Sean and asked if I wanted to go hit a bucket of balls. I told them I was too busy with work and they said, "Come on, it is lunch time, we are going to have lunch at the club house and hit a bucket of balls." So, since it was lunch time and I needed to eat, I packed up my clubs and away we went. On my very first hit, without a practice swing or anything, I hit my ball clear to the white marker. I don't know how far that is, but it is farther than I have ever hit it before and I didn't even go last year at all because Sean had a broken arm. I actually hit 3 of the 18 or so I tried to hit out to the white marker. Most of them were between the white and red, with a couple to the red and a couple that just dribbled over the lip of the hill. But it was fun and good to get out and do something with the boys.
Trevin had to plan a "Family Fun Night" for one of his Webelos activity badges, so tomorrow night we are going to hit buckets of balls again. I'm excited. Tyrel has outgrown his clubs so he was using mine and really liked them. They are about the right size for him. Sean's are still a little too long for him to manage correctly.
Trevin is taking swimming lessons this summer and golf camp the first week of June.
Tyrel is signed up for Soccer camp at SUU and will have conditioning every Tuesday morning and Thursday night through the summer so that hopefully he can make the high school team for the Spring.
Travis is trying to decide if he wants to work cherries this summer. He is going to Youth Conference in June (so is Tyrel and so am I). Hopefully he will finish his Eagle project this summer and get his driver's license.
7 years ago




1 comment:
Sounds like a fun lunch date. Last time we went golfing I almost hit a car not just a car but a 2008-2009 Chevy Tahoe I would have felt horrible. We should do a golf day with you guys!
Post a Comment