Are you ready for lots of pictures. I have been busy getting all of these scrapped. I took around 500 pictures (and I didn't even have my memory card the first day). Of course, I didn't scrap them all, but here are some of the fun times we had. We went to Snow College this year as a stake and we had a great time. I think our ward only had 1 girl and 2 boys that didn't make it, so we had a great turn out. I got to room with Ashley, Courtney H., Morgan H, Kylie A, and Kira. At least I think that was all. Our apartment seemed to be the hang out spot (maybe because I brought the slushie machine or maybe because I am just so much fun (LOL).
Day 1 -we met and had orientation and got our rooms then our group went up the canyon to the ropes course. This is where I discovered that I had left my memory card for my camera at home, so I didn't get any pictures there. I am hoping someone else will let me have some of theirs. It was a lot of fun and I am amazed at how fast Jonathan can climb. The rope course leaders said they had never seen anyone do the vertical playground that fast. I was also amazed at how brave some of the girls in our ward are. They climbed and jumped on things that I didn't think they would dare. Good job girls!
We came back and I was thankful that Ephraim is big enough to have a Wal-Mart. I made a quick trip for a new memory card so that I could take pictures the rest of the time. We came back, had dinner and then went to the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti. The last time I had been there was when Sean and I were engaged. It was fun and nice to just have to go to Ephraim when it was over instead of fighting traffic all the way home. It was pretty chilly though. I'm glad I had brought the levi blanket.


After that we went and played soccer with two balls going. They had these little tiny nets so the one team just parked Jacob in his wheelchair in front of the net and he was the goalie. He filled pretty much the whole net, so it was a pretty easy job. Then we went to the Institute building and had a workshop on leadership. Next we had lunch and then we got to play the water games. They were so much fun! I think the favorite things were the big inflatable slide and the slip N slide. On the inflatable slide they pretty much let us do whatever we wanted. They went down frontwards, backwards, front flips, back flips, trains, on their stomach, on their back. Anything goes!
There were around 10 different stations with all kinds of teamwork activities. Some were wet, some were not. Travis like the crab soccer on the tarp with the two giant exercise balls. Jacob was in charge of hosing everything down. Even the Bishop got to chase down the soccer balls that got kicked out of the playing area. The giant slingshots with the water balloons being caught with parachutes was a big hit too!
Here are pictures of the slip N slide. It was ginormous!
After that we got cleaned up, had dinner, Brother Linford came and spoke, and then there was a dance that night.
Kylee's shirt says "ever wonder what happened to the girls that ripped the heads off their Barbies? They Play Volleyball" Kyle's shirt says "Handsome is an understatement." I thought they were both funny.





1 comment:
Reading this post brought back a lot of memories. We had the same kind of youth conference when I was growing up. It sounds like it was a lot of fun! Great pictures and I love the awesome layouts.
Post a Comment