We are barely into summer and it is already busy. I am loving this weather though. We haven't had to turn on the sprinklers and pay for that expensive Elk Ridge water to keep our lawn and garden looking nice. Speaking of garden, ours is looking great! We planted potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, summer squash, zucchini, and acorn squash. We also planted some strawberries and have harvested 3 so far. LOL.
Tyrel has decided to try out for the high school soccer team for next year. We found out just in time about signups for soccer camp, so he is headed to Cedar City in the morning for a week of soccer camp. He is excited. Since it was such short notice, we ended up having him pay for 1/2 of his camp, which I think is a good idea anyway. We also had to buy him new cleats since his feet have grown 2 1/2 sizes since the last cleat purchase. We found a great deal for $30.29 at MVP sports. I was worried they were going to be closer to $85-$100 because they were Nike's, but we timed it right since Spring soccer season was over.
He will come back late Thursday and head over to join Travis and I at Youth Conference at Snow College on Friday morning. We actually leave Thursday for Youth Conference, so Tyrel will miss the first day of activities. It should be fun!
We also got a call last week from the Club Soccer team in Salem that had been trying to track down Tyrel for the past 4 days because they wanted him on their accelerated team (no tryouts or anything) So, there was another $225 for uniforms and dues for that. We really went back and forth about it because I hate putting that kind of money out for ball, but it seems like they kind of pass you over for the high school teams if you haven't played on a club team anymore. I hate the politics of it, but he has worked really hard and really likes playing and I love watching him play, so I guess I'm forfeiting my birthday present for Tyrel to play soccer and hopefully it pays off and he makes the high school team.
Trevin went to cub scout day camp at Camp Jeremiah Johnson last week. He had a great time and didn't get sunburned which is always a good thing.
Heidi and I have been designing scrapbook kits and selling them in a scrapbook store. I think we have done pretty darn good for newbies and it has been fun! It is exciting to have something to be able to do with her even though we are 3 hours away from each other. I have to show you the previews of our kits. I think they are stinkin' cute! I'm even going to show you the one's that aren't in the store yet. SHhhhh!! Don't tell.
Play Ball - already released

Hot Cup of Cocoa - already released

Slam Dunk - already released

Great Outdoors - releasing in August

At the Fair - releasing later this month
Quit Buggin Me - releasing in July





3 comments:
That is very cool about Tyrel!
I went to Snow for youth conference when I was 17, and it was a blast! You are going to have so much fun.
You were right, those kits are absolutely adorable! Can't wait to see the full view of them. I bet they will sell like hotcakes!
Your kits are really cute Lori! I will have to buy some when I finally get Photoshop. I definitely have a lot I could use them for; I bet they sell really well! :)
You are so ultra-talented. I think it is fun that Tyrel is going out for the team. We wish him luck and know all too well about the politics of high school. I think it is for sure worth putting him on the club team. Have fun at youth conference. Wish I was going but there really wasn't a need.
Post a Comment