Well, there are lots of things going on the last few weeks to write about, but that makes it so there is not a whole lot of time to write. Tyrel and Travis both finished their Eagle projects right before school started. I scrapped Travis' stuff so I'll tell you about it now and I'll tell about Tyrel's when I get it scrapped.
Travis did a book drive for a local elementary school. His goal was to collect 250 books. He was going to start with our ward and then move to the Stake if he didn't get enough. He got a total of 578 books from just our ward. It was amazing and we had people calling us for weeks afterwards wanting to still donate books. Thanks to everyone for your support. After he got them all collected. He spent a couple days down at the school with troop members and friends looking up all of the books in order to level them for reading so they could be sorted into the different grades. Then they were all stacked and arranged for the teachers to pick up. The school was so extremely grateful and excited to get them because they have a lot of new teachers this year with very small book collections, so it will be great for the teachers and especially for the kids.
For young women's last week, we went to the Newman's for Lucia to teach us how to make pies. I remember before they went on their mission how good her pies were so I have been waiting for them the whole time I've been in young women's to get back from their mission so I could have her teach my girls how to make them. It was fun and the pie crust really was the best I've ever had. Even my kids that don't like crust think it is very tasty and have eaten every last bit of it. Thanks Lucia and I hope we didn't make too big of a mess for you in your kitchen.

Soccer is in full swing for both Trevin and Tyrel and I just love (not) that the city decided to overlap flag football with soccer this year instead of starting it after. I guess we won't have to sit through games in the snow, but if I would have known, I would have made Trevin choose one or the other. He lost his first two games for football, but they won their last one. We watched Todd and Haylee's boys for the game Thursday and I snapped these cute pictures that I had to scrapbook. They also came to watch Tyrel's soccer game on Friday night.
I couldn't believe how much Kaiden enjoyed both the football game and the soccer game. He sat and paid attention, cheering and asking questions through the entire game. He was pretty excited every time the goalie got the ball and loved to see how far he could kick it. He was a little confused at the football game as to why there was no tackling going on so we had to give him a lesson on what the differences are between real football and flag football.
Tyrel's team has won all of their games so far and look really good. I can't believe how much he has improved since the tournament in June. He has advanced a ton and is looking really good. The games were fun to watch.




2 comments:
Those pictures and layouts are really cute....I may have to steal them! :)
I'm bummed I didn't get in on Lucia's pie lessons. Too bad I just had a baby or I could have invited myself to the Mia Maid activity instead of the Laurel. I love the "paper" on the Eagle Project layout.
Post a Comment