We almost had a tragedy at our house this year. I had signed Trevin up for soccer this fall but kept waiting to hear when Elk Ridge flag football signups were. Usually it starts after soccer so I wasn't too alarmed or anything. Then, one day Trevin comes home from school (only 1 week into soccer) and said all his friends are having practices for football. So, I call my friend that is the Elk Ridge sports director, and ask when football signups were, and she tells me that Salem recreation isn't letting Elk Ridge have their own teams this year and that football practices are already started for Salem and the games start the next week. I ask her if she knows if it is too late to sign up and she told me to give it a try.
Well, he can hear my whole 1/2 of the conversation and leaves the room sobbing because football is his favorite sport to play and his flake of a mother didn't sign him up. I call down to Salem and they are still taking players (luckily). I think it was because they had done it during soccer and they were short on team rosters because there are probably at least a few others like me thinking it isn't going to start for another month.
I got him signed up and he even ended up on a team with two of his really good friends so that was good. Unfortunately, his games are all on Tuesday's and Thursday's and his soccer games are all on Thursday's too. I hate it when they overlap sports like this. If I would have known the seasons were going to overlap this year, I wouldn't have signed him up for soccer. So now we have paid our money for soccer and he only got to play 2 games. I think there might be one other that doesn't conflict so maybe we can get him to that one.
He was the center for the first few games with his Patriots team and now the coach seems to be moving them all around to different positions. He is having fun and I guess the bright side is that since the season is earlier this year, we won't have to freeze our behinds off at the games like we have other years.
7 years ago




1 comment:
Love the pages! And I am so glad you were able to sign him up.
Post a Comment