Monday, September 5, 2011

Onion Day Parade and BBQ

Without Grandpa Nielsen as the announcer at the Onion Days parade, we had to fend for ourselves and find a new spot.  We decided on the Montague’s yard.  Apparently, the rest of the world did too.  We crowded in with the rest and watched the parade without any announcer to be heard from our spot.  The Montagues weren’t there, but we soon found out why, Raymond was the Grand marshall of the parade this year.  The funniest entry was the Spanish Fork High School band.  There were only 7 band members.  It was almost comical.  This picture is the entire band other than the leader, not just a part of it.

I think my favorite parade entry was Tuh-Mater, mainly because I got to make this awesome layout with the pictures I took.  Everyone else loved Cosmo though!
After the Labor Day Parade, the kids went with some of the aunts and uncles to the carnival for some rides and then out for snowcones.  Later that afternoon we met at Todd and Haylee’s for a BBQ.  All of the kids, big and small, had fun playing 500, jumping on the tramp, swinging on the swings, digging in the sand, and trying to avoid getting attacked by Deacon with his lightsaber.  It is so fun to see my big boys playing and enjoying their time with their younger cousins.  I love that they still like to play and hang out with them. 
 It was tons of fun and everyone had a great time.    



No comments: