My sister in law Andrea asked Heidi and I to register and go with her to the Zion's Bank Smart Money Smart Women Conference. It was free, so we figured why not?! We registered and drove up together and met up with Andrea, her mom, her sister and her other sister in law.
Amanda from the KSL morning show was the emcee and she is very, what shall we call it, energetic would probably be a good descriptive word. We had a welcome, they had a speaker and gave out some grant money and then we separated for classes. I didn't really think any in the first breakout session sounded good, so we ended up in one about Investment Clubs. Kind of like a book club or a bunco club, where a bunch of women get together once a month, pool their money, play the stock market, and have dinner. Kind of an interesting concept, but not one I think any of my friends would be interested in.
The 2nd breakout session, Heidi and I split with the rest of our group and went to one on Small Business Sales. It was AMAZING! The speaker was great, but he talked way too fast for us to take notes. Heidi couldn't even focus her camera on the slideshow screens to get the information before he moved on to the next one. He gave us the 3 laws of sales. There are actually 10, but he only had time for 3. A normal speaker probably would have only got through one. We came away with some awesome information that will hopefully help us with our business.
Then we went back and got FREE LUNCH. They had wraps (not nearly as good as Jaxies) chips, cake and chocolate. Then they had the keynote speaker, Geena Davis. She was a great speaker, very funny and entertaining and informative. It was a great girls day out. I think I'll have to get my other sisters in law to register and go with me next year too. We could take up a whole table ourselves if we all get together.





1 comment:
I'm so glad you liked it. I always enjoy going. I'll look forward to next year! Thanks for going with me :-)
Post a Comment