Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm Making a List .....

.....and checking it twice. LOL So much to do and so little time. I believe I've said that before. I feel like I am behind this year. Mainly because I ordered a pre-lit tree and it isn't here yet, so I haven't decorated and also because it isn't cold enough and I can't get in the mood. We did have a little snow yesterday, it just looked like a powdered sugar dusting though. So here is my list of what I normally do between Thanksgiving and Christmas (just in case anyone cares)
Decorate (boys have their tree up, but that is all that is done so far, hope my new tree gets here soon)
Get Christmas Cards Out (have cards made, and pictures developed, just need to print off the letter and mail)
Christmas Shopping (usually do this on Veteran's Day every year - DONE)
Wrapping Presents - DONE
Gingerbread Houses - scheduled for first Monday in December - when I was a kid we made these and gave to our school teachers for Christmas. I have continued this tradition with my kids and now that I only have 1 in elementary, we only have 1 to give away, but my older boys still make one and eat it themselves!
Sub for Santa Family - family requested, shopping scheduled for 2nd Monday in December, deliver scheduled for 3rd Monday in December (we do this every year)
Neighbor Gifts - scheduled to be delivered the week of the 17th - I make pumpkin bread, so we usually have to deliver 8 loaves a day unless I find more time in a day to do more baking. I tried doing something other than pumpkin bread one year and my neighbors were mad at me, so we are back to the pumpkin bread!
Ward Christmas Party - Scheduled for December 8th
Relief Society Christmas Party - Scheduled for December 4th
Smith Family Christmas Party - Sean's extended family party complete with soup, breadsticks, treats, a Pinata and Santa - scheduled for December 7th
Evers Family Christmas Party - Fancy dinner prepared by Kenalou scheduled for December 22nd
I'm sure Sean will have a work party thrown in there somewhere and we also usually have a friend party with all of our old friends from when we were first married, but we haven't been contacted yet by whoever is in charge this year.
Christmas Eve - make cookies for Santa - we leave cookies, 8 carrots for reindeer, egg nog, and string cheese (this tradition comes from a dairy council commercial on TV quite a few years ago)
then we sing songs with Sean playing the guitar, read the Christmas story from Luke, open 1 present - PJ's, go to bed
Christmas Day - Open presents, go to Sean's parents house for Christmas Morning Casserole, juice, and eggnog, come back home and play! Then Sean's family usually comes up to our house in the evening for spiral honey baked ham, rolls, and everyone's leftover neighbor gift snacks.
THEN WE HOST THE ANNUAL NEW YEARS EVE PARTY AT OUR HOUSE.
Whew! I hope I can make it through the month.

No comments: