I feel like I've been a little neglectful to this blog lately, but work has been busy, which is good since the company Sean was working with since IndyMac got taken over by the feds just downsized. He has a couple of things going, so hopefully we will have more money coming in soon. We are getting by though.
Trevin had his Pinewood Derby last week, so he and Sean were busy building the car. He took first place in his Bear den and 3rd overall. His car was very shiny black and I cut a Philadelphia Eagles logo out of sparkly silver to put on the front of his car. He loved it.
Since the track was already set up, for YM/YW activity, we got some extra cars and gave them 45 minutes to decorate their cars (we had 2 for each class for a total of 12 cars) and then they had a race also. It was a hoot. I'll have to post pictures from the cars they decorated when I get them scrapped. There were some funny ones.
Our YW Evening of Excellence is coming up the week after Thanksgiving and I'm in charge of the invitations which have to be done to pass out on Sunday, so that is on my agenda today since I finally got my Christmas project done last week.
I'm excited to spend Thanksgiving with my family this year. Sean, Travis and Tyrel went down a couple of weekends ago to help my parents with getting the dining room finished. Trevin got sick that day, so he and I stayed at home. My parents have their mission papers sent in and are just waiting for their call now. It is so exciting!





2 comments:
Cool car! I like that scrapbook page! That is awesome that your parents are going to go on a mission!
I like his car. Congrats on his win! This post reminded me that Zach's car has been finished for about 6 months now and the race hasn't happened. I have some calls to make.
Post a Comment