Sunday, January 25, 2009

Uncle Greg

Life has been crazy and I haven't updated my blog lately, but I had to wish my baby brother a happy birthday today. I did this layout of one of his baby pictures that is my favorite. He turns 37 today. We love you Greg! Don't you love those chubby little hands?


Some of my boys favorite memories of Uncle Greg are when he lived with us for a while when we lived in our other Elk Ridge house. When we would sing the "Family Night Song" on the line that says "Father and mother, daughter, son, together on family night" we sing "Father and mother, my three sons, together on family night". But when Uncle Greg was living with us, we would sing "Father and mother, my three sons (pause) and Uncle Greg, together on family night." My kids thought it was hilarious and sang it that way for years after Greg didn't even live with us anymore. They still throw it in every once in a while now and it has been years since he lived here.


He stayed in a room in our basement and it was "Uncle Greg's room" until we moved out. Jen always thought it was funny when she would come stay over and sleep there (after Greg had moved out of course) and the boys would still call it Uncle Greg's room. I think she thought she had stayed there more than him and wondered why it wasn't called "Aunt Jen's room". Even when Greg was living with us, he was rarely there. I think Jen probably spent more time sleeping in that room than Greg did. He is such a busy guy with softball and his friends. I loved that he would cook us dinner once a week as his "rent". It was great for me to have a break and he is a great cook.


They also always love riding in the truck with him because he has crazy music and love playing with his video games.


Hope you had a happy birthday and hope you can work it out to come up so we can take you to dinner next week sometime. Love ya!

No comments: