Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sadie Hawkins

Travis got asked to Sadie's this year. Chelsea and Courtney came over one night while he was gone to a young men's activity and left a trail of gum throughout the house. Then they had tons of gum all over his room with a poster that said "I'd be BLOWN to PIECES if you would go to Sadie's with me" He was supposed to start unwrapping to find the wrappers with letters on them to find out who his date was.
He decided to write a little pirate thing to answer her and we almost burned the house down while we were burning the edge of it. You can see at the bottom center where we got a little carried away. Travis and I were both blowing to get it out and just made it worse. I had to end up getting a wet washcloth to put it out. LOL. He had Trevin dress up in our pirate costume to deliver the note. Trevin was supposed to ask for the "scallywag" when he went to the door, but he forgot because the girls were so excited and busy taking pictures of him.

You may notice something funny about the group picture below. I'm not going to tell, leave a comment if you figure it out. Anyway, they went to the Anderson's for dinner and then went on a treasure hunt. Oh, the theme was PIRATES just in case you didn't figure that out already. Travis said the dance was really fun and he had a great time.

The first thing he said to me when he came home was "Chelsea's hair was so cool!" she had it in little braids with beads in the front, kind of like Captain Jack Sparrow hair. I love this picture of them.

Isn't this the cutest kit to scrap these with? No, it isn't one we designed, it is from Scraps by Andrea and I thought it was perfect.

3 comments:

ourhaskellfamily said...

Is Travis missing legs in the picture? Whoops, too much photoshop?

Troy and Lisa said...

oh well...who needs legs?

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

This was a great post. What fun! It sounds like a great date. Trevin looks so cute as a pirate!