Tyrel woke up sick Sunday morning and stayed home from church. I just let him sleep because I thought that would be best to help him recover. The batteries in the thermometer were dead but I knew he was running a temperature. Sunday night we tried to sit him up for Sean to give him a blessing and he passed out. He came to and was scared and started breathing really fast and was hyperventilating. We had a pediatrician in our ward come look at him and he told us he needed to be hospitalized for dehydration. I didn’t think a fever would dehydrate him so much in just one day. He direct admitted us so we didn’t have to wait through the emergency room drama. They pumped him full of fluids and he was doing much better on Monday morning. He tested positive for Influenza A, which they are classifying as SWINE FLU, and also strep throat and pneumonia. He stayed home from school all week and drank lots of water, gatorade, and Sprite to keep from getting dehydrated again. Luckily, no one else caught it from him. The worst part for him was that he had to miss his last two soccer games of the season.
7 years ago




3 comments:
Holy Cow! That's horrible! I'm glad he is ok. I've heard swine flu is so miserable. Poor kid!
Poor kid! I am glad he is ok and feeling better. Bummer about the soccer games, that sucks!!!
That sounds a little scary. Glad he is ok. Its nice to have a doctor in the ward!!!!
Post a Comment