Monday, August 22, 2011

The Last First Day of School

As I was taking pictures this morning, Travis mentioned that it was his last first day of school.  I can't believe my kids are growing up so fast!  I'm proud of the people they have become.  They are good young men with good values.  Travis only needed 1 required class to graduate this year, so he has kind of a laid back schedule (I think anyway).  So, he should hopefully have a fun Senior year.  Lots of his classes this year are with Tyrel, so that is fun for them too.

Travis is taking Seminary, English, US Studies, Music Composition, TV Broadcasting, TV Production, Computer Programming, and Digital Photography.  He is also going to be the TA for Mr. Andrews for his TV production class the 2nd half of the year. 
Tyrel is taking Seminary, CoEd Team Sports, ASL 2, Computer Programming, TV Production, Physics, Financial Literacy, Ceramics, and English. 

They did both have Advanced Guitar together too, but the teacher they took it from before isn't teaching it this year, so they transferred out of it.  I'm kind of bummed about that though because I like hearing them play.  Hopefully they will still sit and play guitar in the living room together even thought they don't have the class this year.  Travis is still taking Music Composition and writing for the guitar, so I think I'm safe.  His old Advanced Guitar teacher that he loves is teaching it.

Trevin is off to a rough start in Jr. High.  Friday, they had all the 7th graders go 1/2 day by themselves before all the big kids showed up at the school.  He got on the wrong bus to come home.  He called me from his friend Garrison's house to come pick him up.  At least he made it as far as Elk Ridge with a friend so I didn't have to go all the way down there.  Then this morning, the bus came 15 minutes earlier than it did on Friday, so he missed it.    Travis and Tyrel were going to Payson to pick up some of Travis' friends for school, so they were going to run him, but they ended up finding kids at another stop that hadn't been picked up yet, so they dropped him off there.  When he came home today, he said he felt short.  It is different from last year where he was one of the tallest kids, to now being in a new school as a little kid.  Hopefully tomorrow goes better for him.  I really hope the new Jr. High in Salem gets finished so he can start there next year.  I think it will be much better, plus it is closer to the high school so if he misses the bus, then Tyrel could just drop him off if needed.  His schedule this year is Exploring Technology, Learning Strategies, Science, CTE (Can't remember what that stands for), Math, PE, Choir, Language Arts, and English. 

2 comments:

Kelly Stanworth said...

It is crazy to watch other people's boys grow. I'm pretty sure you guys have outgrown the bench you sit on at church, but it's fun to watch you sit there so close as a family.
I wish I couldn've taken some of the fun classes that your boys are taking (digital photography)...times sure have changed since we were in high school.

Troy and Lisa said...

oh poor Trevin! Jr. High is so traumatic....hope it gets better as the week goes on!