Saturday, October 8, 2011

SO busy

...and I mean it this time.  Heidi and I have been working non stop trying to get our store/forum/gallery set up and it has been crazy.  I think we have most of the issues ironed out, it only took us a month........  So, if anyone wants to check it out, here is the link.  It has been a great learning experience and I hope my life will settle down a bit now.  I've been back to designing kits the last few days and it is so nice to be creative in that way again instead of putting out fires.

We have had some fun journaling challenges and I've been able to get a few "ME" layouts done that I thought were really fun.  The people I've shown them to were surprised at the things they have learned about me.

The first one was to create a "never" list

I never had any daughters
I never thought I would
I never felt bad that I didn't (except sometimes when I make a really cute girlie kit)
I never thought my dad would get a brain tumor - he seemed invincible to me
I never get tired of eating at the Mexican restaurant on Fridays with my husband
I never learned to whistle
I never run out of ideas for scrapbook kits to design - so far
I never thought I'd change from paper scrapping to digital scrapping
I never regretted making that change
I never liked onions when I was growing up
I never was a girlie girl
I never thought my favorite football team would be the Steelers
I never stop praying for my children
I've never said “no” to a church calling 
I never really liked boating
I never feel calm when I'm flying
I'll probably never be a size 8 again
I never get tired of playing Dumb Schmuck with my boys
I never was very good at the piano or the violin even though I took years of lessons
I've never really been able to carry a tune
I never get tired of listening to my husband and boys play their guitars
I'll never learn how to text as fast as my kids can
I never eat any kind of condiments on my hamburger
I almost never eat a hamburger without cheese
I never pay attention to how we get to places when I'm a passenger
I never get sick when I read in the car
 I never had morning sickness           
I never took dance lessons, but I ended up on drill team in high school
I never wanted to be a cheerleader because I love to watch the sports instead of have my back to the game
I never got my Bachelor's degree because
I never decided what I wanted to be when I grew up
I never like to exercise alone
I never want to move again
I never like to be late
I never was very good at being spontaneous until after I was married
I never go to the grocery store without a menu and a shopping list
I never like to shop
I never learned to serve a volleyball overhand
I've never doubted my Heavenly Father's love for me 
I never will be able to repay my Savior for the sacrifice He made for me
I almost never get stressed out about anything
I never sing at the top of my lungs when I'm alone in my car
I almost never iron
I'll never forget the feeling I had when each of my boys were born
I never get tired of the fresh smell right after it rains or the smell of freshly mown grass
I never remember how to spell chief or license
I never went to my Junior Prom
I never thought it would still bother me, but for some reason it does
Then, for another challenge we had to do a VS layout, so I copied my friend Amy and did a layout with just a little about me.

Popcorn or Ice Cream - usually popcorn
Digital or Paper - never going back to paper
BYU or Utah - BYU all the way!  Go Cougars!
Dress Up or Casual - jeans and a t-shirt  for sure
Small Town or Big City - small town by a long ways 
Survivor or Amazing Race - I can't decide, I love them both
Sneakers or Flip Flops - definitely something I can slip on quickly
Disneyland or Disneyworld - Disneyworld except for the humidity
Roller Coasters or Kiddie Rides - the more thrilling, the more I love it!
Shoes or Bare Feet - the first thing to come off is always my shoes
Coke or Pepsi - neither, I'd much rather have a Dr. Pepper or a Code Red
Heels or Flats - always flats even though my husband is way taller than me
Home Cooked Meal or Eating Out - almost always would rather cook and eat at home
Babies or Teenagers - I've loved having teenagers, the baby stage was fun, but scary for me
Book or Movie - I'd rather read a book any day.  I don't think I've ever liked the movie better than the book.
Glasses or Contacts - I'd rather have contacts, but I don't need them all the time, so glasses wins this one.
The Mountains or The Lake - I'd prefer the mountains, but if there is a lake in the mountains, that works too.
SUV or Mini Van - my husband says he will never drive a mini van, so SUV, plus we need the 4WD for where we live
IE or Firefox - I've always had IE, but I'm really hating it, so I think I'm switching to either Firefox or Google Chrome
Morning Person or Night Owl - neither, I need at least 8 hours, but I'd rather stay up late than have to get up early
Dancing with the Stars or SYTYCD - I'm a SYTYCD junkie all the way, I can't stand watching Dancing With The Stars
Spring or Summer or Winter or Fall - Spring and Fall, I could live with 1 month of Winter and 1 month of Summer and the rest of the months Spring and Fall
ATV or Jeep - I am a control freak when on rough terrain, so I like to be the driver instead of the passenger so ATV, except when we are driving in the car, then I like my husband to drive and I'd rather be the passenger.
Cursive or Printing - I think it is a waste of time to teach cursive in 3rd grade because that is the only time people use it, teachers after 3rd grade don't care.  I hate writing in cursive and almost always print unless I'm signing my name

1 comment:

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

I so proud of your new store. I tell people about it all the time. You guys have done a wonderful job!
I really loved reading your "I never" and "vs" layout. It's fun to learn more about you.