Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mother's Day Gift



I'm a little late here, but half of my household was sick on mother's day, so I didn't get my annual mother's day picture with my boys until a week later, and my gift has been a work in progress, so I am just finally posting the pictures.


Sean asked me for weeks what I wanted and finally, the day before Mother's Day, I said I wanted a garden. We had just opened our last jar of salsa and we haven't had a garden since we moved to this house, so I figured that would be a good gift. Sean, Travis and Tyrel (Trevin was sick) worked really hard that Saturday before mother's day to get it ready, but the garden shop was out of top soil, so they didn't get it finished. but we did get it mostly done yestereday. We got tomatoes, zuccini, yellow squash, rhubarb and strawberries planted. We still need to get some cucumbers and peppers planted this next weekend. THANKS GUYS! It was so cute on Saturday when we were working on it. The boys were out working on it and I was doing the inside chores. Trevin came in and said "Mom, can you come help me grow a garden?" I had to drop my work and go help him plant. He was pretty excited to get things in the ground.

2 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

Great gift and I love the pics of you and your boys.
By the way, is that David Cook singing the song on your playlist? It sounds like him. I just love his voice.

The Nielsen Family said...

Yes, it is David Cook. He was my fav since the top 24. It would have been fun to see you guys when you came out but I'm glad you had fun with your family!