Well, Bookclub is at my house tonight. I still don't have a clue what I am making for treats so I'd better hurry and get this done so I can figure it out. My book pick for this month was Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy. It was a fast and easy read and it was a pretty good book. Travis just read it in his English class so it was fun to discuss with him because he and I don't really read a lot of the same books. I am a firm believer that if you are a good reader, you will be more successful in all of your subjects at school. So, I make my kids read a lot, especially during the summer.
We have had our bookclub going since September of 2004 and I started thinking about all of the books I had read since then. I loved to read in high school and college, and then dwindled off when I got married, so I was excited when this bookclub started because it gave me a chance to read some good books and I am hooked on reading again. I love curling up with a good book.
Anyway, with quite a few emails back and forth with Tracie M, our master list keeper and email reminder, we were able to reconstruct the list of books we have read since then. I also made a list of the books I have read on my own and with Tyrel (he and I read a lot together). It is quite an impressive list if I don't say so myself. So, here goes....
Bookclub Books
Books I Read with Tyrel





4 comments:
That is a lot of books! Would you recommend all of them?
no I wouldn't recommend all of them, but most were good. If any of them sound interesting, you can borrow from me. I kept all of the books that I liked.
I have heard that Eat Cake is good it is by Jeanne Ray.
Wow, one day I'll have time to read a lot of books again. I love to read as well. I only did about 10 last year. I'm impressed with you
Post a Comment