Monday, May 19, 2008

Odds and Ends

We had my dad's retirement party on Friday. It was fun to go and see how much everyone looked up to him and respected him. Some of his old bosses flew in from out of town for it. Me, being the dork I am, brought my camera, but didn't find out until I got home that my memory card was not in it. So, I have no photos. Maybe someone will feel sorry for me and email me theirs.
I spent the day on Saturday working on Andrea's baby shower gift and invitations. Sean, Tyrel, and Trevin went on a scout campout/fishing trip over the weekend. Only 1 fish was caught so with the price of gas to get the trucks and boat there, Sean said it was $200/lb worth of fish. The boys did have fun catching and eating crawdads though.
We had Stake Conference yesterday. I especially enjoyed President Trevort's talk. He said that he used to teach his kids "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Later he learned a lesson and they changed their family motto to "If you can't say something nice, think of something nice and say it." I need to live by that motto also. We all need to look at the bright side of things and try to find something good in everything.

3 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

Sounds like an expensive fish. We had stake conference also, it was really good. That is a good motto, I need to work on that also. It definitely makes me happier when I look for the good.

Kelly Stanworth said...

Love, Love, Love the new layout and template!

Lisa Miller said...

I always forget my camera or the batteries die right when I need it. Thanks for the post. I needed that last paragraph. I like the way the motto was changed. We tell our kids that, but I like his way better.