Saturday, July 11, 2009

Photo Editing lessons

So, I signed up for the Jessica Sprague photo editing class . It was free and looked like fun. Well, Tyrel ended up having a soccer tournament 3 days this week, so I did the first lesson and then I got behind because I was the speed scrap hostess, had YW and the soccer tournament. So, today after the soccer game I sat down and completed the rest of the lessons so far (I'm glad that they are there forever and that we can work at our own pace). Here is my photo from lesson 1. We were supposed to add a frame and word art. I already knew how to do this but she taught a new way to save pictures for the web, so that was very beneficial. I also figured out how to change part of my word art to a different color so it showed up (not part of the lesson)

Here is lesson 2, she taught us how to load and use brushes and use the color picker to make our stuff match the colors in our photos. I already knew about the color picker but I had not used brushes before because I couldn't get them to load and now I know that it was because those brushes were not for my version of photoshop, so that is my lesson learned here.
Now the lessons are getting good. In lesson #3, we learned how to use adjustment layers to make a photo look vintage. Here is my before photo.

And here is my after photo along with an added frame. LOVE IT!!!

Lesson 4 was on how to use masks, already knew this one so it was just a good review for me. This picture was taken down at the lavender farms, not quite in full bloom yet but really pretty. The mask gave the grungy edge look.

Lesson 5 had us add texture to our photos. I have done this with making paper for kits, but never with a photo. Love IT! This is my wonderful bishop out at the dairy on a ward service project. He was showing us his roping skills.
This is my after photo!!! There were actually 3 different texture overlays used on this and the lesson used a B&W photo, but I used the color one and just desaturated it slightly before doing the textures. There was a frame to add to this one too, but it was kinda girly, so I didn't add the frame.

Lesson 6 (are you bored yet) This lesson had us add a layer that makes photos look like you are looking through an old camera viewfinder and use blending modes to give it that old look, then we had to add a technique from one of the previous lessons. So, here is my before photo taken at the demolition derby over the 4th of July
And here is my after photo after cropping it square, making it vintage, adding viewfinder layer, blending and then adding texture. LOOOVVVE these classes! Hope you enjoyed my photos.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Great job!!! Those pictures are great!

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Awesome job! Those pictures look really great.