Thursday, November 12, 2009

Freedom is Never Free

As I went outside yesterday and saw all the flags lining the streets, I felt inspired to do this layout. I have always loved this statue and it took me forever to find a picture of it on the internet to use in the layout. I didn't know what it was called, so it took me a long time. I would love to go see it someday although I don't know where it is. I guess I should have looked at more information when I found the picture. Anyway, I just wanted to do a layout expressing my thanks for the rights, and freedoms I have and enjoy and thank those who have and who continue to make it so that I can continue to live in this country and enjoy the freedoms that I do. I'm thankful for the brave and courageous men and women who fight for the freedom that we all hold dear.

2 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

It is a beautiful statue, even better in person. It is called Iwo Jima and it is one of the many amazing sites in Washington DC. You will have to visit it someday. I definitely wouldn't mind going back to see it again. :)

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Great layout! It's really cool!