The saying must be true because even in a noisy room with all of us talking, this is what happened to grandpa and grandma after the yummy turkey dinner!
We has a smaller crowd than expected for Thanksgiving this year. There was only 17 of us and we made 6 pies! The food was great and I made 2 pumpkin and 1 apple cream pie. Then, according to tradition, the boys each made a pie also. Tyrel made chocolate peanut butter again this year. It is really rich so I cut it into lots of little pieces and it was still too big of pieces. Everyone had to share with their spouses.
Travis made a frozen chocolate mousse pie. It was hard to cut, but everyone loved it and thought it tasted like an ice cream pie.
Trevin made a banana cream. He rolled out the crust by himself (Travis and Tyrel used pre-made chocolate crumb crusts) and he even cooked the pudding instead of using the instant kind. It is the only pie that there is none left of today. It totally disappeared.
Haylee, Traci and I decided to do a Thanksgiving craft later in the evening while the boys were watching some football. I had some tiles left by the previous owners of our house, so we spent WAY TOOOOO much time trying to find the saying we wanted, but here is the one I did. This is word art from Elegant Word Art by Bethany and it is from The Proclamation To The World.





1 comment:
Sounds like a great day! Those pies look yummy! I really like your tile project. That's a funny picture of Sean's parents!
Post a Comment