Liz gave yet another great lesson in Relief Society today. The lesson was on service. She gave us all cards to write who we were going to serve this week. I have mine written down and it is something I've been going to do for about a month now. So, now that I have it written down, I'm definitely going to do it this week. Here are a couple of other things I wrote on my paper that she mentioned in the lesson.
"WE are the way that Heavenly Father answers the prayers of others."
Why does the Lord have us serve? Because He can't be here to take care of us Himself, it is through others that He takes care of us.
I didn't mention this story in class, but it reminded me of when Trevin was a baby. It was the Saturday before we were blessing him in church, we had company coming and I ended up getting mastitis. Not fun. I was achy, chilled, running a fever and had all the preparations to make for people coming and dinner after the blessing. Both of my brothers were coming on Saturday and staying over and I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner. Right about the time I was ready to burst into tears, the doorbell rang. Maxyne Haskell stood at the door with a giant family sized Stouffers Lasagne, salad, french bread and something for dessert that I can't remember. She was apologizing that it had taken her so long to get over with a meal and she was feeling bad that he was almost 2 months old and she was barely bringing us dinner. But, I knew why it took her so long..... until that day, I hadn't needed help with dinner, that was the day I needed it the most and that was the day Heavenly Father sent someone to help me. Thanks Maxyne!
Thanks Liz for the great lesson and the kick in the pants to get me to write about that great act of service and helping me recognize the tender mercies we recieve from our loving Father in Heaven!

7 years ago




2 comments:
Thank you for sharing.
I think Maxyne is way in touch with promptings...she did that very thing to me when we got custody of Jeff's kids.
Post a Comment