After I wrote my big long post to my grandma, I remembered a few more things. So, I thought I'd put them on here and keep adding to them as I remember them and maybe I'll get enough for a 2nd page.
I remember she always had gum in her purse. It was Wrigley's of some kind, but I can't remember the exact flavor. I want to say it was either the green kind or the yellow kind. Speaking of purses, she had tons of them. I remember her always moving everything to the purse that matched her outfit for the day. She always had us wear our seatbelts in her car. This was in the day before seatbelts were the law. We thought it was cool to be able to wear seatbelts. I don't know why we never thought we could just wear them in our own car. She had a Christmas bow hanging from the ceiling in her garage so she knew how far to pull her car in. Once it touched the windshield, she knew she was in far enough. She had a brown refrigerator with an ice maker forever. She was the only one I knew of when I was a kid that had an icemaker in her fridge. I also loved her juice glasses that we would use for breakfast. They were clear with a green frosted look to them. I loved those glasses. For some reason, they just remind me of grandma's house. I can't believe she always had them for as long as I could rememer. She also had cool kitchen chairs with wheels on them and they twirled all the way around. I remember being at her house in Boulder for Christmas one year. I was pretty distressed that Santa wouldn't find us there, but he did! I remember when they got their microwave. They were the first people I knew with a microwave. Grandpa would make us bacon and scrambled eggs in the microwave and we thought that was so cool! They kept a glass of water in the microwave all the time. I'm not sure why, maybe in case it got turned on accidentally. Maybe that was a rule of the first microwaves. She always had spiced gumdrops in a dish on her coffee table. I loved them and still do!
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll remember more later

7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment