Saturday, July 2, 2011

Delta High School Class of 1986

25 years, WOW!  I can't believe it has been that long since I graduated from high school.  I LOVED high school.  I had such good friends and so many great memories.  I was so sad that day that I graduated because I knew I had many friends that I would rarely or never see again.  I've attended most of my reunions, and others in my family think I'm weird for doing that, but I really miss my friends and loved catching up with them and their lives.  Facebook has made it better over the past couple years as I have been able to keep caught up with those that post there and share information.

Keith Johnson, Studentbody President, was in charge this year and he contacted me a few months ago to set up a Facebook page for our class to start getting names and contact info for the reunion.  I also volunteered my brother and sister in law to do the food and they did an awesome job.  There was no way I could finish the 1/2 a beef that was on my plate even though it tasted awesome!  They also did salad, rolls, baked potatoes, beans and they had carrot cake or chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert.  We sat with Gary Callister and his wife and Todd Neimann and his wife during dinner.  It was fun to catch up with some old friends.  I was also able to chat with quite a few of my old friends and I had a great time. 

I know it wasn't fun for my non-rabbit spouse, but I'm glad he humored me and came along.  He chatted with Todd's wife while we were both making the rounds chatting with everyone else.  Thanks honey!

No comments: