Sunday, July 24, 2011

My best childhood friend

Although we went to Denver for the sad occasion of my grandmothers funeral (which I'll write about later when I get the layouts done), the good part was getting to spend some time with my best friend from when I was in elementary school.  Michelle and I were pretty much inseperable from the time we were in Kindergarten on.  As we reminisced and realized we were only in the same class for two of our elementary years we were always best friends.  We walked to and from school together and since we just lived around the corner from one another, we spent lots of time together.  Eventually, my parents and her parents became very good friends and she had two brothers the same age as my two brothers so they were good friends also.

Last summer when we went to Denver, we went out to lunch together and I didn't think we would get to see each other this trip, but she supported our family by coming to the funeral with her parents and they stayed for the dinner and we were able to talk about all the fun times we had camping, playing paper dolls (her mom had the very best paper dolls in the world), fixing her hair, and just hanging out.  It was fun for her to get to meet my boys this time and we played cards and they had fun getting to know her too.


No comments: