It was my first time pulling off Thanksgiving dinner by myself, and I must say it went fairly smoothly. Since it was our turn for Thanksgiving with the Nielsen's and LaMarr and Diane are on their mission, I volunteered to have it here. It was also Todd's family, Melisa's family, Sharlynn, and Traci's turn for the Nielsen year so between all of us, we had a great spread of food and way too many pies.
Shar came a day early because she wanted to learn how to make pies. I did talk Trevin in to making his annual pie, but I had to take over for Tyrel and Travis because I couldn't talk them into it since I had help from Shar. We ended up with 7 pies, that was almost 1/2 a pie a piece but no one ate that much so we had lots left over. Trevin made an Oreo pie and then Shar and I made 2 pumpkin, 2 apple cream, chocolate peanut butter, and banana cream. I brined the turkey the night before and I was also in charge of potatoes, gravy, and stuffing. Sharlynn made her yummy rolls and did the vegetable tray, Haylee brought her yummy sweet potatoes and cranberries and then they threw in the most delicious cheese ball and crackers for snacking on. Traci brought junkfood salad, and Melisa brought corn and green bean casserole. It was all so yummy!
We ate at noon and then the boys went out and played football in the street while the girls worked on our Thanksgiving craft project that was almost a failure because the vinyl wouldn't stick to the paint, but I think we all got ours working eventually. Carter was so cute, he came in saying "That Tyrel, he is tricky." I guess he can outrun all the little guys. The weather was so mild that the kids were all able to play night games with just their jackets on. They played ghost in the graveyard and I kept hearing the little kids say "Tyrel is freaking me out." but they had fun. Travis had to work in the evening, so he missed all the kid fun.
7 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment