Since there are so many men around this house, I have to take chances every once in a while for a "Girls" outing. Yesterday, we had a small enrichment group that got to go to Young Living Lavender Farm. Actually, my day started with going to get my hair done. I love having someone else do my hair! Then, a small group of us met at the church at noon and traveled down to the farm (about a 20 minute drive). Suzette from my ward works there and graciously offered to have us come down since the little restaurant there is closing next week for the season. So, we had a yummy lunch of salad, lavender lemonade, chicken salad croissants, and strawberries. Then she talked to us about the history of the farm and what she does for her job. After that we went on a tour in the wagon and came back to have some lavender ice cream. Lavender lemonade and lavender ice cream are so yummy! She gave us all a lavender sample as we left and we didn't even have to pay for lunch. It was a fun outing.
Last night for our YW activity, the Mia maids were in charge of a combined girls activity, so we did a back to school night. We had an Art class where they made locker magnets, a home-ec class where they made a pumpkin dessert, and a PE class where I taught them the history of Bocce and then taught them how to play Bocce on the lawn at the church. It ended up being a fun activity. The girls just rotated around to each class. This morning, I thought it would have been fun to also have a Seminary class to make it a little more spiritual and since Sean showed up to scouts on the golf cart and everyone wanted to drive it, I thought it would also have been fun to have a Driver's Ed course with the golf cart. It seems like all of my good ideas come too late. Maybe next year. After class we had after school snacks of cracker snack packs and juice boxes. It was a fun but busy day as I also had to fit in a YW board meeting, dinner, and running Tyrel to his new job of refereeing soccer games.
7 years ago




2 comments:
We loved visiting my dad when he worked there. We always had so much fun and their food is good. Their honey is really good too--it has a hint of lavender in it from the bees spending so much time in the lavender. It is always so nice to get some girl time in. I need to do it more!
That place sounds wonderful. I've never even heard of lavendar ice cream and lemonade. I love the activity you did for the young women. I'm going to give that idea to our young women. Maybe they'll want to do it as well.
Post a Comment