We are done with the dreaded school shopping. Actually, it wasn't so bad this year, except for the expense of it all. I ended up taking the kids one at a time this year and we made it a date for shopping and lunch. It was fun to spend some one on one time with each of them. Trevin is easiest because he isn't really that picky yet. We were done in about 45 minutes and had an early lunch at Burger King two weeks ago after his registration. He got Mrs. Turner for 4th grade, which is who we all wanted him to get. She is the best! Then, while Tyrel was at scout camp last week, Travis and I went and got them both registered, had lunch at Wendy's and then went shopping. It seemed to go better this year than last because it took us 2 malls and roughly 12 stores last year to find him the shoes he wanted which were actually back at store #6. This year, we went there first and found the shoes he wanted and we got it all done at one mall. Travis has guitar, weight training, and Seminary along with his regular classes this year. Tyrel is back from scout camp, so he and I went to lunch at Brick Oven and then to the mall today. We got his shoes, socks, and pants, but he wants a Steeler's hoodie, and we couldn't find one in his size, so we are bidding on one with EBay and hope we win it, if not, he will have to settle for a BYU hoodie or something. Anyway, I am glad we are done. Tyrel has weight training, 3 D design, and is a teacher assistant for Mr. Christensen along with his regular classes this year. Travis and Tyrel are pretty pleased with their schedules for Jr. High and everyone is ready for school to get going.
7 years ago




1 comment:
I cannot believe that I am that old... JUNIOR HIGH!... it is true what they say that life goes by so fast if you don't stop to look around you might miss it. However i love reading about your school shopping stories its great to listen to those because i have no money to shop for school stuff so its no hassle for me :)
Post a Comment