Saturday, August 16, 2008

New Benches

Sean and I found this amazing deal on benches Thursday, so we bought four of them to put around the fire pit in the back yard. The boys spent Friday morning putting them all together and I think they look wonderful and make a great addition to our back yard. Sean spent the day today re-painting the door frames around all of the back doors and mowing and edging the lawn while the rest of us cleaned house and did laundry. We were supposed to have a BBQ here tonight with Sean's family and his cousin that is here from out of state, but it has been postponed until Monday night so I'll post BBQ pictures then.

The boys went to the annual Moody Movie Night last night. A family in our ward has a huge grassy hill in their back yard, so every summer before school starts they have a movie in their back yard projected on a big sheet. Everyone brings snacks and blankets and hangs out on the lawn to watch the movie (it was "Cars" this year) and then the kids all stay and play night games until midnight or so. It is a fun tradition we look forward to every year.



1 comment:

Lisa Miller said...

I love the benches. I want a big back yard one day to have some in. Movie nights are fun. We do those in our friend's back yard too.