I know it is late in the day, but I couldn't let this day pass without sending out a thanks to those that fight for our freedom. I remember 9/11 well. I had just showered and got dressed. I was combing my hair and the TV was on that morning, which is odd for us to have the TV on in the mornings. Anyway, I was standing in the living room combing through my hair and saw the story and happened to tune in just seconds before the plane crashed through the 2nd tower. I saw it live and then couldn't leave the TV. What a sad day in our history. It reminded me of when I was a senior in high school and the space shuttle exploded. I remember just being glued to the TV and watching it over and over. I pray that we won't forget that day and that our prayers will always be with those who have and who still do fight for the freedoms that we enjoy and sometimes take for granted.
7 years ago




1 comment:
I remember watching it over and over again with you throughout the day. It was such a scary thing not knowing what was going to happen next. I am so grateful for those protecting us and our freedoms. When Todd and I visited ground zero it was such a heartbreaking scene, even years after it happened. I don't think that we will ever forget what happened and how we felt that day. I love that some of our wedding pictures show the flag at half mass. It reminds me of the strength, unity and love of our country.
Post a Comment