Labor Day is the annual celebration weekend here where we live. They have Payson Onion Days over Labor Day weekend every year. We didn't participate a whole lot this year. We went as a family to the fireworks on Friday night. We sat on the lawn at the Jr. High with our big bowl of popcorn. The boys wanted a front row seat, so we sat right behind the yellow tape. It was a pretty good show for a small town. On Saturday, Travis went with the Teachers Quorum to the drag races only to find out there weren't any races that day, so they ended up just going out to dinner at the Mayan and coming home. Tyrel had a going away party at one of his friends house for his friend Becca who is moving to Australia. On Monday morning, we didn't attend the parade because my hubby hates parades. His dad was the announcer so the kids wanted to go down to see the parade, hear grandpa and get candy, but the weather was horrible and they decided they didn't want to stand in the rain. So, we didn't go to the parade. We had a family get together after the parade and after everyone else that went went and dried off and changed their clothes (there was a major rain storm and even some hail). We had Navajo Tacos, corn on the cob, watermelon, and Texas sheet cake. It was yummy. All the little nieces and nephews put on the dress up clothes and did their own parade at Grandma's house and we even had a fishing pond put together by Jen (I think) The kids thought it was great. Oh, and Jen did our nails. Even Grandpa got a star on his nail since he fell asleep while we were busy. Once the weather cleared a little, the boys went outside to play. Travis and Tyrel noticed all of the bees buzzing around and talked about how it would be bad if one flew in their pop cans and stung them when they took a drink. Well, as fate would have it, those little bees (or wasps or hornets) did exactly that and Tyrel got stung on the inside of his lip while taking a drink. We immediately gave him some Benadryl and he didn't swell hardly at all. I gave him some more Benadryl when he went to bed last night, but this is what he looked like when he woke up this morning.......
Poor kid! Well, needless to say, he stayed home from school. He is sleeping with an ice pack and I'm waiting for the Dr. to call me back to see if there is anything better than Benadryl to help out. He has two soccer games to ref tonight, so hopefully we can get it under control.
I didn't get any response for my new blog title, but on Sunday during testimony meeting, Brother Shuler talked about the booth they had at the carnival raising money for his son Kyle's Eagle project (BTW Travis went and helped at the booth on Monday evening). He talked about how he enjoyed spending the time at the booth and at the carnival over the weekend with his family and talked about how the prophet and general authorities have told us to take time and make memories with our kids and "Enjoy the Ride". I thought that would be a great blog title, so there you have it. My blog has been renamed by Brad Shuler and he didn't even know there was a contest. As I pulled in my driveway after church, I realized that it was a good name for us becuase we have 30+ modes of transportation in our garage and driveway including my car, Sean's truck, 2 jags, 2 trailers, the jeep, 5 bikes, 3 foot powered scooters, 2 motor scooters, the golf cart, 2 trailers, five 4-wheelers, 2 boats, 2 wave runners, a rip stick, and who knows how many skateboards. Whew!
Poor kid! Well, needless to say, he stayed home from school. He is sleeping with an ice pack and I'm waiting for the Dr. to call me back to see if there is anything better than Benadryl to help out. He has two soccer games to ref tonight, so hopefully we can get it under control.I didn't get any response for my new blog title, but on Sunday during testimony meeting, Brother Shuler talked about the booth they had at the carnival raising money for his son Kyle's Eagle project (BTW Travis went and helped at the booth on Monday evening). He talked about how he enjoyed spending the time at the booth and at the carnival over the weekend with his family and talked about how the prophet and general authorities have told us to take time and make memories with our kids and "Enjoy the Ride". I thought that would be a great blog title, so there you have it. My blog has been renamed by Brad Shuler and he didn't even know there was a contest. As I pulled in my driveway after church, I realized that it was a good name for us becuase we have 30+ modes of transportation in our garage and driveway including my car, Sean's truck, 2 jags, 2 trailers, the jeep, 5 bikes, 3 foot powered scooters, 2 motor scooters, the golf cart, 2 trailers, five 4-wheelers, 2 boats, 2 wave runners, a rip stick, and who knows how many skateboards. Whew!




4 comments:
That is crazy that it swelled up so much, so long after. Your new title definately fits your family. That is a lot of transportation.
Oh my goodness, poor Tyrel. I hate those stinkin' hornets! At least you remembered to take pictures and scrapbook it so he can look back at it someday and laugh!
That swelling looks awful. Poor guy! Hope he's doing ok now. I love your blog title. It's great. That's a lot of modes of transport!!
I like the title. So, I want to know how you got your blogs on the side to have the time that they were last updated? I love that, then I don't have to check them constantly to see what is new (like I have time to be checking constantly. I'm always wondering where the hours in the day go).
Post a Comment