Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall Festival

Last week at the elementary, they had a Fall Festival. Trevin came home all excited because he was chosen in his class to get to be in the pie eating contest. He had a note stuck to his shirt that he needed to be there at 6:15 to eat his pie. We only had 2 million other things going on that night including scouts, YM/YW, Tyrel had to ref, and Travis was scheduled for a hair cut. So, I wasn't too thrilled to have to add yet another thing to the list but because he was so excited, I told him we could run down at 6:00 and stay for about 45 minutes so we could get back for YM/YW. So, we ventured down there, camera in hand, paid the $5 admission and worked our way back to the pie eating table by 6:10 only to find out that they were ahead of schedule and it was over. As you can imagine, I was upset that we had to pay and didn't even get to do what we came for. So, I let Trevin play on the bouncy stuff for 45 minutes to make it worth the admission price. He used his own money and he had a ball, so I guess it turned out okay. He went down the inflatable slide a few times, waited in line for the dunking booth and then decided it was too long, then he went to the inflatable obstacle course and ran through it about 10 times. He thought it was fun. I tried to get a picture of him tumbling over the wall, but he went too fast and I just got his feet every time. I told him after about five misses to pause at the top of the wall the next time so I could get a picture and I still just got his feet because the power had turned off on the camera and even though he paused, I missed it by the time I got it turned back on. So, I had to settle for a picture of him climbing out the end of the obstacle course.

1 comment:

Lisa Miller said...

It's a cute picture and I love the page you made. Your family is busy, busy!