Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Brett

Well, I'm a day late, but I have had a crappy head cold all week and am feeling a little bit better today. Yesterday was my brother Brett's birthday. I tried to call to tell him happy birthday, but I just got voicemail. So, happy birthday little brother!

This picture of me hugging him is one of my favorites of us together as children. He is probably wishing I'd let him go huh!? Anyway, Brett I hope you had a wonderful day and hope you know I love you.

My mom called this afternoon and they made it to Cleveland for their mission. She said the weather was good while they were traveling and they are busy unpacking and trying to find grocery stores and stuff. They are excited to get working on Monday morning.

Work is crazy busy!!! It is good, but I think that is why I am sick this week. I've been working from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. every day with little time to even eat or get ready for the day. I just haven't been eating well enough or getting enough sleep and it finally caught up with me. W have around 135 loans in process right now and have been hovering around that number for the past 3 weeks or so.

Sean is working with me and it is fun to be able to work with him again. He is wanting to get us ramped up to do more processing so he will be doing processing, training and marketing to other brokers to get business in the door so that when the low rates on VA government loans go away, we can still stay busy with other stuff. So, I think it will be good. I think it will be great when we get someone else trained so maybe we can take a vacation. I don't even remember what a vacation is.

I have been digital scrapbooking a lot lately and I am teaching a digital scrapbooking online class that has been really fun. It is interesting to see what the ladies have come up with.

We are in full swing with basketball with Tyrel and Trevin. It has been fun although I wish Travis would have played this year. I really enjoyed watching him last year.

We finished Travis' science experiment presentation board this morning. He did an invention instead of a project. He invented an electric ukulele. Funny huh? It wasn't too difficult, he got a ukulele, he got a pezioelectric pickup, he put the two together and plugged it into an amp. You don't really get the "electric" hard rock sound because the strings are nylon, but it does amplify the sound. We had fun making the presentation board. He painted it blue and then we made palm trees, coconuts, a sun, a title and a surfboard to decorate it with. He has been practicing to play "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for two weeks now, so he is going to wear his Hawaiian shirt, a lei, and his swimming trunks and play his song in his little booth. He is pretty excited and I was excited to see him spending his time on something other than playing World of Warcraft. I'll post pictures after the science fair on Tuesday because I want to get him with his costume on. He has been trying to round up a grass skirt and a coconut bra, but no luck so far.

2 comments:

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Those are such cute pictures. What cute kids! We are in Hinckley and the cell phones don't work here, that is why you got VM. Hope you get feeling better!

Kelly Stanworth said...

So, how did I avoid the cold that everyone else in the ward seems to have. I just talked with Sherie on the phone and she sounds terrible and says that you and Cheryl both have it, too. Maybe I should stay holed up in my house a bit longer so as to avoid all the germs??? Hope you are doing better. Let me know, I make a mean chicken noodle (not even from the can).