We had a wonderful Stake Conference today. I'm so glad I made it home for it. I just wanted to post a couple of my favorite parts.
President Trevort told a story about when their children were younger and they were giving them a family night lesson on helping out mom and keeping up on their chores and helping out more around home. He asked them what would happen if Jesus came to their home, would He be happy there and would He enjoy His stay. He said that his little 4 year olds eyes got big and said, "Oh yes! Jesus would be happy here. We would all sit on His lap and give Him hugs and kisses and feed Him if He was hungry." He was thinking it went straight over her head but then realized that she was the one that understood. It brought tears to my eyes and made me think about if our home was a place where Jesus would be happy if He came to the door. I think He would!
My favorite part of President Rosenbaum's talk was when he talked about some missionaries who asked President Eyring how they could be humble (I think it was him, someone correct me if I'm wrong). He gave them an answer but says now if he could do it over again he would tell them that the answer is in the Sacrament Prayer and we hear it every week, it is "To Always Remember Him." The talks that were given today got me really thinking about Christ our Savior. It helped me remember the real meaning of Christmas and I really enjoyed it.
Sister Pitts, who is he wife of the Provo mission president bore her testimony and said that when she first came on her mission she followed the counsel of President Eyring (now I don't know if he was the correct person from the other talk) of starting a gratitude journal. I remember being counseled to do that and they even gave us little notebooks at one of our Enrichment activities to do so but I never did. So, today, I decided it would be a good idea for me to make a post each day with what I'm grateful for this next year. I was going to start in January, but I may as well start now because I may forget by then.
So, today I am grateful that I was able to attend a wonderful Stake Conference and hear the talks about becoming closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment