Sunday, July 25, 2010

An Ear for Music and July date with Travis

Travis decided this week that he wanted to learn to play piano.  So, he borrowed a keyboard from his friend Darren and set to work.  He plays beautifully and has been able to figure out quite a few songs playing by ear.  He has no idea how to read piano music.  I am kind of amazed.  After listening to my kids play (or not play) during their two years of piano lab, I am astounded that they have the musical talent they do.  They were horrible in piano lab (although I heard Trevin was quite good)  They definitely got it from Sean, not me!  He is going to borrow some piano books from Traci and learn to read the music and teach himself.

Travis made us treats and we had a Harry Potter marathon this afternoon.  Actually we just watched two of them but they are really long movies.

We went to Grandpa Nielsen's for his birthday celebration tonight.  It was fun to visit with family again.  Happy Birthday Grandpa!

No comments: