Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend - this and that

I just loved Conference this last weekend! I added President Monson's quote from the Sunday afternoon session to the title box in my blog because it fit with my new blog name perfectly. I loved it. My favorite speakers all spoke on Saturday, Holland, Perry, Uchtdorf, and Wirthlin and I really like President Monson's talk on Sunday. Actually, I thought it was all pretty good. It made me feel good!

Sharlynn and Traci made it up to scrapbook with me on Saturday. I got 18 pages done on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. We ate homemade chicken noodle soup on Saturday and Shar brought yummy rolls rolls to die for! She is the best roll maker in the family I believe. On Sunday between sessions we went down to Diane and LaMarr's for conference casserole and juice. It's the tradition!

Also, I made it on to a creative team for digital scrapbooking and on to a team of designers in training for digital scrapbooking. I'm excited to create and learn!

Soccer is over for both Tyrel and Trevin. Trevin's team finally scored a goal in their last game. They didn't win a single game, but they were all very close. I think the teams were pretty well balanced this year. Tyrel's team won all of their games except for one. They had a re-match with the Genola team that they had a tough time with but won the first time. At the re-match, they lost 2-3 but Genola had like five substitutes and we had none, so our kids were exhausted plus we were missing the two Brockbank boys who were our best players. I thought they did really well though, it was an exciting game. Tyrel is excited to try out for the high school team next year. Now we are down to just Trevin playing flag football and waiting for basketball drafts and tryouts to take place. So, life should slow down a little bit.

No comments: