Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tyrel and the camera

The other night at Trevin's football game, it was a little chilly. I always have the huge levi quilt Diane made us in the back of my car for just such occasions. Tyrel had come with me because he wanted to ride his Ripstick at the ball parks while Sean and Travis went to Travis' guitar concert. I hate when we have to split up like that! Anyway, Tyrel ended up getting cold so he wanted to sit on my lap and curl up in the blanket with me. But I hadn't got any pictures of Trevin playing, so I said "If you are going to sit in my lap, you are going to need to take pictures." He was excited about that but I later learned it was not a good idea. We were facing the sun, so I told him to wait and take pictures when they were down on one end or the other of the field so he wouldn't get the glare. He didn't remember that so we have lots of pictures that may have been good, but you can only see sun glare. I also told him to hold it part way down to focus and then all the way down to take the picture. So, he didn't do that either. We have lots of pictures that the playground in the background is clear as a bell but the people on the field are a blur. I should have been clued in when he said, "Oh, I got a really good one, it looks like he is going really fast!" I did end up with a few though and I did this cool layout where you overlay the photo on the paper, so take a close look at this one and you can see the kids lined up on the line in the background of the blue paper.


I also did a heritage layout of my great grandmother, who I already blogged about here, and I thought it was really pretty so I'm sharing it also.
My last share is a layout I did with a picture of the boys from Christmas a few years ago. I have been playing with PhotoShop so I learned how to do this. They are all the same picture but the first one is in full color, the 2nd one is in black and white with just the hats in red (my neighbor told me the easy way to do this, thanks Kelly), and the last one is full B&W. This is one of my favorite pictures of the boys together.

I've spent the last 5 days bottling tomatoes and salsa. They all sealed, yeah for me! But now my kitchen is a mess! Guess you know what I'll be doing today. Plus we are out of bread, so I think I will make some today, plus we have a couple of zucchini left, so I may make that yummy zucchini cake I talked about on my other blog. Maybe I won't bother cleaning the kitchen since it looks like I'll just make a huge disaster mess baking. I know..... I'll clean it tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the layouts. Especially the one of the boys. I've been wondering how people put colors on black and white. Linda has photoshop. We definately need to play with it. Zach is into picture taking lately. He takes the silliest pics.

Kelly Stanworth said...

I'm in the process of doing my last batch of tomotoes as well. Seems like it never ends. I did a big batch of the salsa recipe you gave me and now we'll have something to go off of next year when I try it again. I loved the bottle you gave me (a little spicy, though), but mine didn't quite have the same flavor.