Monday, October 6, 2008

Recipe Project #2

Remember a couple of months ago when I put in my Great Grandma's doughnut recipe? Well, it has been a while since I had a chance to make a page, but I got one done today for my Grandma Richardson. She is my grandma on my mother's side, and I already did a post about her here. I loved this picture my aunt sent me of her on the little trike. The recipe in my other post was for her macaroni and milk but the original recipe I had in the recipe book I made in high school was for chicken and noodles, so I put both on the recipe card. For those of you who are interested in the chicken and noodle recipe, here it is.
Boil three chicken breasts until tender (Iuse the boneless skinless kind, I believe she probably used a whole chicken and then deboned it). Shred chicken and keep broth to make 6 quarts of liquid. Add salt, pepper, and chicken bullion to flavor.

Noodles:

4 eggs

1 tsp. salt

enough flour to make a thick paste


Mix together with a fork and then knead flour in to it until stiff like pie dough. On a heavily floured surface, roll dough until it is paper thin. Cut into 3" wide strips. Place strips on top of each other and cut into 1/2" strips. Separate noodles with fingers. Place on wax paper to dry for 30 minutes. Place in boiling broth, stir as putting noodles in. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add more liquid if it becomes too thick. Serve over mashed potatoes. **Note - I roll out my dough and then just cut into noodles with a pizza cutter, it is much faster. This is one of the meals I requested for my birthday dinner a lot while I was growing up. My kids love it and it is cheap inexpensive and easy to make.

No comments: