Monday, December 15, 2008

Night of Excellence

We had our Young Women Night of Excellence a couple of weeks ago. We had a yummy dinner of pork chops cooked with salsa, maple syrup, and cheese. I know, I didn't think it sounded good either, but they were actually one of my favorite ways of having pork chops that I remember. They were really really good. I need to remember to ask Ashley for the recipe. One of our Young Women prepared all of the pork chops. Along with that we had salad, baked potatoes, and cheesecake for dessert. The theme was "Stand in Holy Places" and it revolved around being worthy now to hold a temple recommend. We had Carly Johnson talk and she did an excellent job. Then the Bishop said a few words and then we took pictures of all the girls blowing kisses to the bishop seated in the center. Sorry the lighting is a little bright at the bottom. I also took pictures of all of the girls with their parents. It was a lovely evening. This is just a "funny face" shot of all the girls.



No comments: